Refurbishment works are progressing at St James’ Campsbourne Well project, located adjacent to their Smithfield Square development in Hornsey.
The existing buildings consist of a single-storey listed ‘Well building’, built in 1887, which serves as an extraction hub to 2 headings and 13 no. deep boreholes, together with an adjoining former boiler house and coal store. Both structures are load bearing masonry construction and both required extensive repair to the roofs and brickwork façade.
A steel frame has been constructed within the original masonry walls, to support new timber floors and timber roof. Extensive repairs have been undertaken to repair the existing cracking within the masonry walls.